Cahir Park (@3.5) vs Clonmel Town (@1.7)

Our Prediction:

Clonmel Town will win

Cahir Park – Clonmel Town Match Prediction | 15-09-2019 10:00

However an extremely hardworking Killenaule did make attempts on Aaron Wall's goal at various points in the proceedings and it took some time for the home team to find their rhythm. It is now eight games since a mean Park defence had a goal scored against them at home and in truth after a big win against the same opposition just two months, Sunday's game was unlikely to change that statistic.

Timmy Ryan got the award for goal of the game with a 30 yard screamer on the half hour that flew in to the net to make it three without reply. Cullen - Lattin, who met the same opposition just two weeks ago ina league clash on their home turf, seemed to be the ones most up for the game and went further ahead four mins later with Alan Hayes on the scoresheet. A very poor display from the second string who had an off day with the visitors scoring through Barry O'Dwyer after just four mins.

From one such attack, United went two up with an unhurried chip over Darren Sweeney finding the net.The game turned with the introduction of Man of the Match Craig Condon, whose deft touches and close ball control in midfield, coupled with some excellent distribution in tight spaces to fellow sub Anthony Ward, brought the Park into the ascendancy. A cross from the right hand side from Mitchelstown's effective right wing, who never gave up through the whole game, saw them claim victory, the finish to Sweeney's net a strong, confident header.As the evening drew in, Anthony Ward came close with an effort that could and probably should have provided a deserved equalizer. A 40-yard free kick from Alan Ward 5mins before the break brought the best out of the opposing keeper and the same player was close once again just before Michael Freiburg's half-time whistle, this after a succession of corners had increased the pressure on the visitors, playing in white.Managers Kenny Burke and Paul Conway rang the changes at half-time, changing four players. With this the Park found a new attacking impetus but on occasion could be guilty of leaving the defence exposed. Indeed from one of these attacks down the right, Darren Lynch put them ahead on 20mins with a quality finish at the far post.An immediate fightback from the Park saw Marciniak put O'Dwyer through whose effort was cleared off the line in a busy goalmouth. 5 August 2010Pre-season FriendlyCahir Park AFC B 2 Park United B 3Scorers: Anthony Ward 70 (pen), Eamon Wootten 79Duneske was the venue for this clash of near neighbours from different leagues on an overcast Thursday evening.In a hard fought tussle, the visitors came out on top in an entertaining game using the successful youth / experience mix of players from a squad of nineteen.With the home side creating more chances, Shane Ryan, Pakie O'Dwyer and Mateusz Marciniak were close to breaking the deadlock whilst at the other end the Mitchelstown outfit looked dangerous in the last third. Ward's first touch after coming on was to send the keeper to the left and the ball to the right to convert the spot-kick after brother Alan was taken down.It was all to play for with the equalizer nine mins later, Eamon Wootten and two defenders clashing, the ball ending up in the net after an innocuous cross from the left to the far post.Chasing the winner, both teams upped the tempo and an aggressive bite appeared in the game that had not previously been a feature.

Thriving Schoolboy Academy

The B team were also defeated 3-1 by Moyglass in the League, no report from that game at the time of writing.Weekend ReviewIt was a great weekend for the club which began on Saturday when the Youths defeated Cahir Park by two goals to nil with first half strikes from Sean Browne and Jack Kennedy. The Academy recommences on the 6th & 7th September with the following training times; Saturday 10:00 - 11:00 U7 (2008) Saturday 14:00 - 15:15 U10 (2005) Saturday 15:15 - 16:30 U9 (2006) Saturday 16:30 - 17:45 U11 (2004) Sunday 10:00 - 11:00 U8 New players & potential coaches welcome. Town conceded two goals early on and failed to recover from that setback. The B team beat Killenaule Rovers convincingly 7-0 with a hatrick from Shane Fagan, a double from Paudie Whelan and one each from Mark O'Reilly and Conor Davin Murphy. We would like to convey our condolences to his family, friends and his club, may he Rest In Peace. Best of luck to all teams.FAI Weekend ReviewThe Youths caused an upset defeating FAI Youth Cup holders Nenagh 2-0 on Saturday with goals from Daire Egan and Ciaran Looney. Well done to both teams. Also to score for Keenan Cunningham, Dylan Kennedy and Kyle Kennedy. Weekend Results & Forthcoming FixturesThe A teams FAI Junior Cup fixture against Two Mile Borris was postponed on Sunday morning due to the beareavement of Borris player Philip Grace. Next weekend the Youths face Peake Villa again in the Youths League in Thurles, the B's are home to Donohill & District while the A's are also home to Clonmel Celtic in a mouth watering derby. The B team had a fine 4-2 away win over Killusty with goals from Dwaine Burns(2), Shane Heffernan and also Joey Mulcahy on his welcome return from injury. Finally The A team put together back to back wins in the Premier League with a 1-0 Derby win over Wilderness Rovers thanks to a winner from Tony Scully. Best of luck to all teams. Well done to allSchoolboy NewsTraining has recommenced for the U12-U16 schoolboy teams ahead of the new season which commences on 6th September. St Michaels also had the cushion of a missed penalty and Town had appeals of their own when a defender was adjudged to have handled on the line but it was waved away by the referee to the amazement of the Town players which resulted in two sendings off, one on and off the field for Town. The B's were defeated 4-3 in the Shield Semi Final on Sunday afternoon, their goals from Charlie Millea and two from Conor Murphy while on Sunday morning the A team advanced to the 3rd round of the FAI Junior Cup defeating Rosegreen 4-1 with goals from Tony Scully, Barry Ryan and two great strikes from Richie Crowe.Bad Weekend For The ClubIt was a bad weekend overall for both Junior sides as the A team went down 2-0 to St Michaels in Cooke Park on Sunday afternoon. Result of the weekend goes to the Youths as they defeated Peake Villa 4-3 on penalties in the Munster Youths Cup leaving it till the last minute to snatch a deserved equaliser by Dean Clarke for Daire Egan to slot home to winning penalty.

Despite good shots from Lonergan and O'Donnell, there was however to be no getting past the agile Comerford. Eamonn Gleeson and James McGrath were part of a great move on 80mins which was perhaps the best chance to reduce the difference but the final shot from O'Donnell came to nothing, smothered by the Town number one. The final twenty were all Cahir as they pinned back the black and golden-clad neighbours to the final third of the pitch, sub Dylan Fitzgerald and O'Brien particularly impressive in this spell.

O'Donnell picked the ball up on the arc on the left edge of the box before weaving through defenders along the 18-yard line, to release a fiercesome shot that flew into the Rosegreen net passing veteran 48-year old David Brabston at centre of defence on the way, to end up in to the top corner. In a game played in torrential rain at times on a pitch that cut up early after a bad day almost jeopardised the fixture, further goals from James McGrath - a shot across the keeper to the far post after 33 mins - and on 36 from Paddy O'Donnell, another wonder goal in his catalogue for the season - saw the home side comfortably ahead by three by half-time.

Deaths in Tipperary - Thursday, September 12, 2019

Intending to redeem himself quickly, O'Brien was through again on the half-hour after a great Dylan Fitzgerald pass but his shot went just over. Intending to make the most of the game, the visitors, after a strategic change introduced some speed to the left flank, were in for their best chance of the game on 37 mins, the final shot squirting to the right of Wall's posts.

Keeping his composure, he turned and calmly placed the ball past a dispairing keeper for a deserved one goal lead for the hosts, 77 mins on the clock. Cahir did have the most of the closing stages as a solid defensive performance by Cullen let little past and with the home side camped in the opposition half, Dylan Fitzgerald put through a neat ball for Wootton to run on to.

The piledriver smashed into the opposite corner of the opposing net, the keeper clutching at air. First up, Denis Peters - fed the ball out on the left decided to try his luck from outside the edge of the area. The second half would be the home side's purple patch with three goals added in a bright, blistering five-minute spell.

As the half came to a conclusion, Grant was close again for the Park. He rounded the keeper but had his effort from a tightening angle cleared by former Cahir stalwart Paul Frasier operating in the centre of the Celtic defence. On Jimmy Walsh's whistle, Mikey Byrne had a free played to him but his shot was always going right and wide with oppositionpressure being applied.