Oakland Athletics (@2.2) vs Houston Astros (@1.65)
10-09-2019

Our Prediction:

Houston Astros will win

Oakland Athletics – Houston Astros Match Prediction | 10-09-2019 20:10

Depending on who is needed in the first half of the series I wouldnt be surprised to see some combination of Sneed, Urguidy, and Valdez to cover the bulk of the innings in this game. They have also announced that this will be a bullpen game for those reasons. This will be the first of what the Astros have said will be two bullpen games in September. The Astros bullpen will serve a larger role for the rest of the season as the club has announced that they will go with a 4-man rotation.

The Rangers were restricted to three runs from Houstons pitching squad and they smashed five from the plate. Houston won five games in a row and they look all set to extend their victory. Overall. The Astros were able to defeat Texas Rangers with easy in their last game. Houston Astros are doing a good job from the plate with their talented batting squad.

Asian Handicap Prediction: Houston Astros Asian Handicap -1.50 in full event at odds 2.06

C.O.G.O. = (Chances Game Going OVER) The C.O.G.O. percentage is based on both teams OVER/UNDER record, using both teams short and long-term OVER/UNDER records. *Note: If theres a 60% chance of the game going OVER, that means, theres a 40% chance of the game going UNDER. After we process it through our math predictor, we then provide a CHANCES OF COVERING percentage for that game, which lets you know if theres any value on the OVER in that game.

Tanner Roark has turned into a solid pickup for the As and has helped to steady out the rotation behind Fiers. He had perhaps his best start as an Athletic in his last game, having tossed 6.2 innings of scoreless ball. The Astros did have their chances in that one though, as they were able to get 9 men on base against Roark. He also looked good in his lone start against the Astros this year where he went 6 innings, holding Houston to just 2 runs.

Viewers are specifically warned that they should inquire into the legality of participating in any games and/or activities offered by such other sites. Activities offered by advertising links to other sites may be deemed an illegal activity in certain jurisdictions. The owner of this website assumes no responsibility for the actions by and makes no representation or endorsement of any of these games and/or activities offered by the advertiser.

For Your Viewing and Listening Pleasure

TheOakland Athleticsare coming off a 4-3 win over the Houston Astros and are currently coming off a 6 Game Road Trip. Plus, theHouston Astrosare currently 65-38 SU on the season, lost their last game to the Oakland Athletics and allowed 4 runs against in their last game. Furthermore, the Oakland Athletics are currently 59-44 SU on the season and are coming off a 1 game winning streak.

When it comes to home runs and RBIs, the Astros is looking towards Alex Bregman as their leader. Gerrit Cole will be delivered as their starter on Monday. Houstons batting squad in averaging .270 and opponents are hitting .223. The righty is holding an ERA of 3.12 on is 10-5 on the season with 33 BBs and 194 Ks. The leading batsman with hits and an average of .326 is Michael Brantley.

The As have kept up easily though, employing one of their characteristic second-half pushes to stay firmly in control of their playoff destinies. They also still have an outside chance at the division but time is growing short and Oakland will probably need to sweep the Astros in their own stadium, something that no team has done this year. The As arrive in the Houston in the midst of three-way fight for two wild card spots along with the Indians and Rays. Theyre currently in control of the second spot and just a game behind Tampa Bay for the first, but the Indians and Rays have been playing good baseball lately and keeping the pressure on Oakland.

Michael Brantley seems to have broken out of his slump and continues to lead the team in batting average at .321. Rookie Abraham Toro has also looked good in limited time as has Kyle Tucker, who finally popped his first big-league home run against Seattle in the most recent series. Of course the Astros offense is high octane and there are sky-high numbers being thrown around all over the place.

It does help that the bullpen has been filled out a little with September call ups and that a couple of those arms can go extra innings if needed. With the dominance of Verlander and Cole this week they havent had to do much duty recently, but have been effective when deployed. The Astros bullpen has had a decent week, especially in light of having to cover for an ineffective Wade Miley in game 1 against the Mariners.

Final Score Prediction, Houston Astros will win and cover the run line 5-2. Oakland will struggle from the plate in this game and Houston will be able to control the Athletics with the starting pitcher. Out of the last 5 games at home, Houston lost just one and they will continue to hold the advantage in this match. The MLB pick for this match is Houston Astros -1.5 (-135). Oakland Athletics vs Houston Astros.

Comments

Even with all that he still sits at a respectable ERA on the year and has a chance to right the ship before heading into the playoffs. Miley has been suffering command issues in recent games and has already had a few games where things just seem to snowball out of control for him. Miley makes this start after a bit of a disaster outing against the Mariners where he was yanked after allowing five runs on five hits and a walk without recording an out.